March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Cancelled

Sometimes hearing the word "cancelled" evokes frustration, disappointment, even tears.  Other times that same word evokes completely the opposite emotions.  I'm showing my age a bit but when I think back to my college days there were a few rare instances when I'd get to class and there was a note on the door saying "Class Cancelled".  {Crazy but this was before e-mail was widespread.}  To me scenarios such as this are the best cancelled and probably few and far between.  It is truly undesignated time and you can choose what you with what has suddenly become free time. 




Last Sunday, at least on paper and in my head, our day looked extremely hectic.  First, the usual Sunday morning routine: breakfast, church, Sunday school, home for lunch {hopefully a quick grocery store run while Betsy caught a nap} before our afternoon of outside sporting activities began.  First it was getting Mary Frances to softball practice at 1:00 then back for the Cougar Chase at 2:20 and a baseball game for Stephen at 4:00.  Would it be possible to still have our favorite Sunday night tradition of pizza night?
But then I learned Mary Frances' coach had cancelled her 1:00 practice.  {He really is the best - laid back and just wants the girls to have fun while honing a few skills.  I mean really - how many of these girls are going to make it to the next level much less college.} Next I received an e-mail that all sporting events on the school fields were cancelled due to rain.  Lastly, I got word that the Cougar Chase was cancelled {again} and the children would run in P.E.  The word "cancelled" was music to our ears.  All of us, even the children, let out a quiet "whew"! 
Suddenly, our schedule was cleared.  That meant a longer nap for Betsy.  A leisurely trip to the grocery store.  Time spent working in my yard.  Family pizza night, for sure and lots of time to read, play and hang out with my family and neighborhood friends.

All in all the perfect Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment