March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Friday, October 28, 2011

Just Another Day

Yesterday we started our day at the Birmingham Surgery center. We were there getting tubes for our baby girl. She did fine, and we are glad to have this little procedure behind us. Maybe it will help her to be at least a little bit better of a sleeper and eater. If not it will at least help her feel better. Yesterday we already saw more smiles and more talking than we had heard in a while. Today she has been crawling all over the place and has even pulled up a couple of times. That makes this speech-language pathologist mommy happy and confident that it was the right thing to do even if it doesn't help her to sleep through the night.

From the looks of my calendar of events for the day, you could certainly tell that Betsy is the fourth child. We were home by 8:00 a.m., and I put Betsy down for a nap while the boys and I got ready for Halloween parties. {Yes, I know that Halloween isn't until Monday, but they don't go to school on Mondays.}

The boys iced these precious ghost cookies for Walker's class, and I cut fruit for Stephen's class.

I then packaged two sausage chicken casseroles for the bake sale at the Fall Festival at Mary Frances' school.
No more pictures, but I took Stephen to school and Betsy, Walker, and I were off to Patty Cake at the library. From there we went downtown to the church for my Thursday Bible Study. Obviously, we didn't have to go to the library or the church, but Betsy seemed okay so we treated it like any other day. My children love the library, and they look forward to story time. Walker gets more excited than Betsy that it is time for Patty Cake. I am loving my Bible Study, and selfishly, I really didn't want to miss it. I'm so glad that we went. It is always thought-provoking and nice to take pause in the middle of an otherwise full life, and study God's word and its implications on my life. I'll have to tell you more about this study another time...

From the church I took the babies home for a nap. I feel so blessed to have a few of Norval's friends who I can call to help me out. I've put in one too many calls to sweet Mimi over the last two weeks, and I am so grateful that I can call her. I know that she will tell me no if it isn't a good time, and that eases the guilt each time I call. After Mimi arrived, I met Stephen in the driveway to go to the elementary school for the fall festival.

We missed this event last year because of my cousin's wedding. Let's just say it was organized chaos. Half of the time I was there I had no idea where my children were. I was working the class booth {Ring the Coke Bottle}. They knew where I was and I knew they were with one of Mary Frances' friends and her parents. I have no pictures because I walked out the door without my camera, but I can assure you that a good time was had by all and all proceeds will benefit my children in the classroom.

We ended the day at home with one of Frank's favorite meals, a decent bottle of wine, and conversation around the dinner table.

It might not rank up there as a good day in Patterson's book, but it did in mine.

While I was living my life, the workmen were hard at work at my house. On the outside of the house, the arches and all of the stone are complete on the front porch. All that is left is the area over the bay window, and the wall on the side of the house. Can I hear a hip hip hooray {X3 please}! Not only are they nearing completion of the stone, but they are cleaning up the site, and I can see where the grass may one day reside. On the inside of the house the floors have been stained and one coat of polyurethane has been applied. Hopefully all of the doors can be locked by the time I publish this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment