March Inn

Why"March Inn?" March Inn was the name of that magic place where I spent my summers growing up. I have alluded to this place before, and I probably will again. March Inn is no longer standing. The waters of Katrina rendered it unlivable so my children will never know that "March Inn." That makes me sad. In fact it brings me to tears whenever I think about it. I want my children to have their own "March Inn," and I want to capture our lives as they are growing and changing. I invite you to "march inn" to our lives. My hope is that you will catch glimpses of the real world. You will see our creations. You will see our chaos. You will see our affection. You will also see our frustrations, fears, and disappointments. Enjoy your march!

Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Sneak Peak

It gets better - I promise!

The joy of being a child! The wonder of the beach ~ the sound of the waves, the feel of the sound, and the whisper of a cool breeze.

We enjoyed five glorious days at the beach as a family of five. We have been different places and done different things as a family ~ even as a family of five. It seems we are always packing our bags and loading the car to go somewhere or do something, but we had never been on a vacation with just our family. Before, we have always been meeting extended family or friends in various locations. This was just us!
And it was good... It was good to get away from our routine, have a change of scenery and enjoy each others' company. We cooked good meals - Frank and I together. Mary Frances and Stephen slept together even though they each could have had not only their own bed but their own room. We {more Frank than me} swam in the heated pool with the children. Frank and Mary Frances went down the "lazy river." We walked on the beach where we fed the birds and collected seashells. We played games. Zingo is one of our favorites. It is fun for the adults and even Stephen can play. We took our Christmas card picture. We talked, we napped, we dreamed. We want to do it again.








No comments:

Post a Comment